WE ARE VERY HAPPY TO SAY THAT THESE POSITIONS HAVE BEEN FILLED BY DANNY AND LEXY O'MALLEY!
Seeking two individuals / couple for a 3 month trial internship as Greenhouse/Farm Manager for our geothermal greenhouses. Applicants to have at least one year experience in an intensive vegetable production setting. Successful completion of 3-month trial internship qualifies applicants for year round salaried position.
Onsen Farm is a permaculture based 5 acre farm located in rural southern Idaho in the Hagerman Valley, which lies along the Snake River. We are 2 hours east of Boise. We have been growing in Geothermal Greenhouses since 2008 and are in our 4th year offering a Winter CSA. We will be expanding production into a Year Round CSA beginning the summer 2017.
Applicants must be entrepreneurial/self-starters. Interns successfully completing the 3-month trial period must be willing to take a lead position in managing 10,000 square feet of geothermal greenhouses, a multi-farmer CSA and an outdoor summer garden. Successful applicants will be assisted and will manage one to two other interns.
Applicants to receive the following:
- Interns to each receive $400/mo. stipend during the 3 month internship.
- Simple Rustic Housing in our intern housing - a private vintage airstream with private outdoor bath heated with our geothermal 125 degree water.
- Access to year round vegetables from our geothermal greenhouses & garden, fruit from our orchard, eggs from our farm chickens, and fish (trout and tilapia) from our ponds.
- Access to bulk ordering of staples such as oats, rice, beans and olive oil.
- Informal education in the greenhouses while working together plus one on one goal setting, coaching and feedback from owner, James Reed.
- A reading/study list and access to all workshops on the farm.
- Participation in community gatherings, meditation, yoga, birding and canoeing the Snake River.
Couple successfully completing 3 month trial internship will receive:
- Lodging in our Manager Housing: a one bedroom w/ sitting room + loft small house, heated with our 125 degree geothermal water; additional common space, heated 24’ yurt with a kitchen and living area, outdoor geothermal baths, showers and hot tubs, access to an indoor showering facility, and outhouse. Laundry area available.
- Successful Applicants accepted for Managerial position are each eligible for $1500/mo. Salary, a Performance Bonus (percentage of sales) after the first 6 months + Lodging + Farm Staples + Internet.
- Applicants will be expected to work 35 hours a week during the 3 month training period.
- Participate and eventually organize and manage the CSA business.
- Need to be emotionally mature, enthusiastic with a desire to learn, hard working, solution oriented, and dedicated to functional communication. Critical is a passion and vision for re-building a local food economy.
- We will circle once a week to help maintain a good feeling amongst us all.
A good attitude, humility and patience go a long way for all of us.
- Help with farm chores, homestead maintenance/projects, and event preparation.
Please send a resume including references to: Onsen Farm attn. James Reed, 4799 B River Road, Buhl Idaho 83316. Alternatively, resumes / references can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.